- Building a healthier work force and team is easy with Pelotone!
- Endurance training - your ticket to a stronger heart and greater strength!
- It's Official Rockstars - Pelotone is one of the best spin studios in the world!
- Recipe - Low Carb Falafel with Tahini
- Recipe - Snack - Low carb Hummus (bean free)
- Get ready to ride inside with NEW Pelotone Coach!
- Local Finalist for 2016 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
- Pelotone Multisport Team Program now open to ALL!
- Indoor Cycling at Pelotone will give you the edge outside!
- Pelotone Bike Fit Seminar - you're invited!
- Pelotone launches new COMBO classes!
- Recipe - Breakfast - Overnight Oats
- Pelotone will be at the Hills District Health & Fitness Expo - Sunday August 30, 2015!
- Chiro News - If you don't move it - you'll lose it!
- Recipe - Laksa with Zoodles
- It's official - Sweat is Sexy!
- The Truth about Pelotone, Spin / Indoor Cycling classes and Huge Thighs!
- 5 Reasons Working Out At Pelotone Indoor Cycle Studio Helps You Lose Weight!
- Yes you CAN achieve that weight loss!
- How to Choose The Right Cycle Studio
- 3 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Group Cycling Classes
- 3 Mistakes Indoor Cycle Studio Beginners Make
- 5 Health Benefits of Cycle Training and Classes!
The Truth about Pelotone, Spin / Indoor Cycling classes and Huge Thighs!
Posted by Karen on 17 February 2015
There are staggering benefits to programs like Spin classes, Pelotone - Sydney's premier indoor cycling program, and other group cycle classes that should be enough to compel anyone who wants to get fit to try visiting a cycle studio and Pelotone in particular. Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation out there that prevents many people, but women in particular, from joining these types of programs because they think it will leave them with huge Hulk thighs. Here's the truth: indoor cycling does not cause giant thighs!
Cycling uses different muscle fibers than those needed to bulk.
If you want to gain huge muscles, any fitness trainer will tell you that you need to do small repetitions with very heavy weights and a lot of resistance. Doing this actually breaks down your strength muscle fibers and, when they repair, they get larger.
Indoor cycle programs do not use the same type of muscle fibers. When you are cycling you use endurance muscle fibers with relatively low resistance (compared to specific weight training exercises) for extended periods of time. Not only does this not add bulk, it actually trims and tones the muscles you already have which makes you look great. You don’t often see cyclists with fat thighs do you? Cyclists have great legs (and glutes)!
So how did the bulky thigh rumour get started?
If you have ever seen a photo of a professional cyclist after a long race or even after someone finishes a Pelotone class, their thighs are swollen. The reason for this is your muscle groups need oxygen to perform. To bring oxygen from your lungs it travels through blood and with intense exercise a lot of blood has to pump through your legs. This large surge of blood and oxygen is what makes legs appear bulky, but it is only temporary. Within an hour your heart rate will go back down, your blood vessels will return to normal size, and you will have trim, lean thighs.
Do not believe the myths.
If you are ready to lose weight, feel great, and take your fitness levels to new heights, visit Pelotone today.
Find your inspiration, motivation and results here at Pelotone - Sydney's Premier Indoor Cycle Studio!
For more information about Pelotone - Sydney’s Premier Indoor Cycle Studio:
Pelotone is such a fun and easy way to exercise
amongst friends. Each ride is completely different and
I love how much my fitness has improved!
- Jessica S
Call us now